top of page

Home > Practice Areas > Immigration



The Law Offices of Nathaniel Muller was founded by a French Immigrant, and we fully understand the challenges of settling in a new life in a new country.

We will help you realize your dream of living and working in the United States. Whether this is for business, investment, study, work, marriage or other family reasons, we are experts in navigating the intricacies of the ever-changing Immigration Law and will advise you on the best course of action.

Green Card

The green card holder is considered a permanent resident and can work and live freely in the United States. This visa might be obtained through:


  • marriage or family sponsorship (child or parent under certain conditions)

  • investment 

  • employment


Once obtained,  this visa offers the most flexibility as it is not tied to your investment or employer. You can choose for example, to switch jobs or start a business without losing your status of permanent resident. 

Visa through an investment

Visa EB-5: For the Investor who wants Permanent Residency

The EB-5 consists of an investment of at least $500,000 in a specially approved project. The investors, their spouse and unmarried children younger than 21 can seek permanent residency (Green Card).  This is the fastest way to start a business in the United States and gain citizenship. 


Visa E-2 : For the Entrepreneur starting a business in the United States

The E-2 visa requires a smaller amount of investment than the EB-5. It is an investors visa that is renewable as long as the investment/enterprise exists. The beneficiary of the E-2 visa may only work for the enterprise he invested in. In some circumstances, the E-2 can also be obtained for employees. It is the best way to turn a business investment into a long term stay in the United States. Spouses of the E-2 holder can seek employment authorization. 

Visa through employment


Visa O: For the professional with extraordinary abilities

The O visa is for certain professionals with extraordinary abilities, recognized achievements and outstanding recognition by their peers. It can be renewed annually after the initial period (up to three years). The beneficiary of the O visa may only work for that sponsor.


Visa L: For the transfer of an employee

The L visa is for the transfer of an employee from a parent company to a US branch of that company. It is valid for up to five or seven years depending on the type of L visa. The foreign parent company must have existed for at least three years, and the employee transferred must have worked for the foreign branch for at least one year prior to requesting a L visa. A more permanent status should be sought prior to the expiration of the L visa, for instance through a green card sponsorship by the US branch.


Family Sponsorship

Close family relationships can be a basis for seeking a permanent resident status (Green Card). Adjustment of status can be sought immediately on the basis of marriage or for an unmarried child under the age of 21. For most other categories (siblings, parents, child over the age of 21), the waiting period can be very extensive.

Naturalization and Citizenship

A green card holder can apply for United States Citizenship 3 to 5 years after obtaining his green card. The length and complexity of this application depend on individual circumstances. Requirements are becoming more stringent and legal counsel is strongly advised.

Green Card
Investment Visa
Employment Visa
marriage green card
bottom of page